Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Christmas

"We look to everything in life to make us happy, not realizing that happiness is actually at our very core.  It's natural to our being.  There's no way to become happy.  We simply need to stop doing the things that make us unhappy."  (Falling into Grace, p. 41)


Some of the things that we do that make us unhappy include making demands of ourselves or others or life.


"When we insist that the things, people, and events around us change so that we can be happy, we're actually denying something very deep within us.  We're denying the truth of who we are...and the truth of each other."  (Falling into Grace, p. 41).

Lately I have begun to accept on a deeper level that there is a very precious being inside of me that is expressing itself as me (and as you!).  I recognize that we sometimes want others to love, accept, approve of us so that we don't have to do that for ourselves.  If I only feel good about myself when I am feeling loved and accepted by the people in my life, than I am not loving myself.  If I only feel good about myself when I "do a good job" than I am not accepting the truth of who I am.  

The truth is that we are all One...uniquely expressing the love, joy, peace, creativity of God.

I recently attended a workshop with Adyashanti.  He spoke about Jesus and the Christmas story.  Adya said that both Jesus the human man (who got angry, upset...) and Christ (the embodied Son of God) live in each of us.  Christmas symbolizes the coming-forth of the indwelling Christ in us.  Staying present with what is True for you in each moment is a way to access the Christ within.  He described this spiritual path as aligning oneself with one's authentic experience in each moment with an open heart and mind in order to allow Spirit to guide you.

May your in-dwelling Christ come forth this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment