Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Monday, October 15, 2012

take no thought...

So often I am aware of my mind drawing conclusions and making judgments about myself, others, or events (finances, politics, relationships...).  This is the job that I have given my mind to do: fix everything on the outside so that I can feel good on the inside.

When I do this I am way out of balance, operating from my head instead of being grounded in my heart and body.

Also when I make judgments and draw conclusions, I am not accepting what is.  For example, in Falling into Grace (pp. 115-117) Adyashanti talks about letting go of conclusions from the past because it is these beliefs that something should or shouldn't have happened that leads to suffering.  The fact is things did happen and these things were often painful.  The healing occurs when we feel through the situation not by staying stuck on the idea that it should not have happened.  (This is true for past or present situations).

"Any time you argue with what was, what is, or what will be, you limit your ability to experience the vastness of who you are." (falling into Grace p. 116) 

I am reminded of the Buddhist story that goes something like this:
A farmer says to a neighbor "I captured a wild horse today."
The neighbor said "That's good."
The farmer replied "How do you know?"

The next day the farmer's son broke his leg when he tried to tame the horse.
The neighbor said "That's too bad."
The farmer replied "How do you know?"

The next day a war started and because the son had a broken leg he didn't have to fight in the war.
The neighbor said "That's good."
The farmer replied "How do you know?"...

The question is 'Can we let go of conclusions and judgments, and, accept what is?'  This may result in a greater awareness of feelings or a greater intensity of feelings.  The feelings will pass.  They always do.

Please join me this week in watching the mind do its thing and choosing not to get involved.  Let go of the conclusions and judgments and allow the vastness of who you are to emerge.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, Donna!! I'm finally reading Michael Singer's book myself and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that Hilary!!! Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences as you read it.

    ReplyDelete