Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Being is everything

Michael Singer talks about the fact that we have very, very little control over what happens in our world.  When I stop and think about how big the world and the Universe are and how small I am in that huge arena it is very humbling.  It points to the reality that we cannot control most of what unfolds in our lives...we can not control what other people say and do, how long they are with us, the economy, whether we get to keep our job or not, our health, the weather...  We even have limited control over our own thoughts and feelings.

When I sit down to meditate I often have a hard time letting go of my thoughts and feelings about my life. I can get very attached to thinking about what I am going to do that day.  I find my mind planning activities and situations so that my life will unfold the way that I want it to.

When I allow the ego to just be, without trying to control it, I settle into stillness.  I connect with my Being-ness.

It is from our Being-ness that everything happens.  My ego-driven desire to figure out how to best do my life has very limited power over what actually happens, and in fact, it blocks me from my source of love, peace and joy.

Jesus, who was able to perform many miracles did so from his deep connection with his own Being-ness.  "It is not I, but the Father within me that doeth the work."  

I see now that I have been misguided for most of my life.  It is not for me to figure out how to run my life.  It is for me to connect with the Spirit within me and to allow that to inform me...to allow that to live through me and as me.  It is for me to notice when I am allowing myself to be wrapped-up in egoic thoughts and feelings and to find a way back to Truth, back to my Being.

I am beginning to realize that I am simply a vehicle or vessel through which God expresses and when I return to my Being-ness I am allowing that divine expression to flow.  I simply need to watch and to listen.  I am the awareness of my life unfolding.





No comments:

Post a Comment