Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

CHANGE DEMANDS INTO A PREFERENCE

One simple change that seems to make a big difference in my ability to not resist life is to:

CHANGE DEMANDS INTO A PREFERENCE

Instead of being frustrated about sitting in traffic, when I say "I would prefer not to be in traffic" it puts things into a better perspective.  No one likes to sit in traffic but it really isn't the end of the world.  Viewing things as preferences lightens them up a bit and makes it easier to let them go.

Life is an experience than I am having.  I have very little control over what actually happens in my life but I have a lot of control over how I respond to what is happening in my life.

At any moment I can choose to change demands to preference, or choose to be happy-no-matter-what, or surrender to God, or move into appreciation and gratitude, or stay present with my feelings and allow them to pass through me, or change my perspective by moving my awareness to the question of "Who am I?"

There are many techniques such as these that I can use in any given moment.

What I do not want to do is stay stuck in judging, blaming, complaining, being irritable, resisting what is happening, or reacting to life based on past conditioning.

What if when you get to Heaven some day (: God says to you "Hey what happened?  You were supposed to be experiencing and enjoying the life that I created for you and instead you spent most of your time trying to arrange people, events, and things the way you wanted them to be.  You missed all of the gifts that I had provided for you: the birds that sing and dance for you, the breeze that caresses your sweet face, a bounty of fresh fruits to delight your tastebuds, flowers to brighten your day, children to bring you joy, and a family of millions of brothers and sisters to share this experience with."

Lets not miss out on the gifts of life because we are so busy trying to get somewhere else.  Maybe where we are right now is just fine, no matter what.  Maybe it is more about how we respond to life rather than what is actually taking place.  In each moment we have a choice...what will it be for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment