Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

"Imagine your human life as what you have come to redeem."

"As I tell people when I teach, 'God so loved the world, that he sent it his only begotten sons and daughters.' That not only applies to Jesus, that's you.  Imagine if you took it on yourself to reorient your life trajectory toward your divinity.  Your divinity: I so loved the world, that I gave it all of myself.  Imagine your birth as an act of pouring yourself forth into life as a loving means of redemption.  Imagine your human life as what you have come to redeem.  And when you've fully awakened to all of it, then you've fully redeemed your human incarnation...

And when you reorient your life toward this realization, then you understand: you so loved the world , you had so much compassion, you had so much love that you poured yourself forth into life and that pouring was your birth. You are here to redeem whatever you encounter in this life, to wake up within everything the deep reality of its divine existence." (Resurrecting Jesus, p. 50)
 
Adya says that we find this human experience of redemption in the silence and the stillness.

This teaching moved me very much.  Instead of resisting or fighting with or trying to change life, what if we knew that we were here to redeem whatever we encounter, to wake up within everything the deep reality of its divine existence?  This is accomplished not through the efforts of the personal will, separate self, or ego but through a deep connection with Spirit.

This gives a whole different perspective to our lives.  Challenges are not something to fix as much as an opportunity to awaken to divinity.  For example, as a parent instead of asking myself "How I can get my teenager to do what I think they need to do?", I ask myself  "What wants to be said or done here?" or "What do I need to say or do to awaken divinity in myself and my kids?"

Connect with Spirit in the silence and the stillness and then pour yourself into your life in order to wake up within everything the deep reality of its divine existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment