Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Easter week intentions

Easter represents the dying off of the old and the birth of new life.  During this Easter week I ask myself what am I being asked to let go of?  As I have sat with this question I recognize areas of my life where I have been holding onto expectations and trying to make things happen through the efforts of my ego.  I also see how peace arises when I quiet my mind and focus on the stillness within.

When I truly accept 'what is happening now' and let go of trying to make things different, it is as if I have put down my weapons and shields and I become more accessible to Spirit.  This is when transformation happens.  This is when I find clarity, direction, and harmony...through the effort of Spirit not through my effort.

During this Holy week I will continue to notice when I am caught up in expectations, desires, planning and efforting versus when I am in a state of open receptivity to what is showing up.  As I move into acceptance I will rest in the knowing that I am being taken care of and loved and nurtured by Divine Goodness and Grace.

I am in this world but I am not of this world therefore my good comes not through human effort but through Divine Will.  I can let go and allow the new life that God intends for me to take root.

Sweet Blessings during this Easter week!

No comments:

Post a Comment