Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Thy will be done

"If you had asked me about my surrender experiment I would have told you that the relentless practice of letting go of myself in order to fully embrace what was unfolding around me was having a profound effect on my spiritual growth.  It had, in fact, become my way of life.  I had seen time and again that letting go not only led to amazing results, but it also left me in a state of profound inner peace.  I was not in charge; life was in charge, and there was an underlying sense of enthusiasm and excitement about getting to see what was going to happen next.  After all, just look at what had happened so far."  p.189

Reading about all of the amazing ways that Michael's life unfolded as he surrendered is certainly inspiring.  At times when I let go of myself I have felt a sense of freedom...a release from the limiting thought and feelings of ego.  At other times it has been challenging to surrender to what is happening in my life.  At these times I remind myself that God is in charge and that God can certainly do a better job of arranging my life than I can.  I pray for help with letting go.  I sit in the silence and connect with the Spirit within.  I remind myself that God always has my back and therefore I can let go.  I sing songs of praise, Joy, Love and Peace (Singing is a great way to raise one's consciousness from fear to love/joy).

 It has been eye-opening for me to see how many of my decisions are based on my likes and dislikes.  As I let these preferences go, I have been guided by something wiser than my egoic needs and wants.  In one situation I clearly "heard" a wise inner voice guiding me to "do nothing" in a situation with a loved one where I normally would have jumped in.  At other times the guidance has not been as clear but I have felt drawn to lean in a certain direction.

I will continue to surrender and see where life leads me. One step at a time, one moment at a time I will open to God's will for my life.  And so it is.  





 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment