Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Monday, June 25, 2012

purifying the darkness

Many of us use the expression "It's all good."  What this really means to me is that everything can be used for our good because every situation is an opportunity to grow.  With each situation we have a choice to either try to change/fix what is happening, or, let go and allow the situation to change us (sometimes this involves "doing" something of course, but that comes after we witness and let go).  

I had a situation happen the other day where I 'put my walls up' instead of 'opening up' in a way that I would have liked.  Instead of being hard on myself, I chose to feel the disappointment and related feelings and let them go.  As I moved my awareness to the Observer Self, witnessed the thoughts and feelings, and relaxed my body an insight came to me regarding the situation.  It was an insight about the ways that I sometimes respond in life which no longer serve me.  It was only by staying present with what was right in front of me and letting go that I was able to move deeper within and reach this insight.

Michael Singer says:
"When a blockage gets hit, it is a good thing.  It's time to open up internally and release the blocked energy. If you let go, and permit the purification process to take place inside, that blocked energy will be released." (TUS, p.78)

"No matter what happens below you, just turn your eyes upward and relax your heart.  You do not have to leave the seat of Self in order to deal with the darkness.  It will purify itself if you let it.  Getting involved in the darkness does not dispel darkness; it feeds it.  Don't even turn towards it.  If you see disturbed energies within you, it's okay.  Don't think that you don't have blockages left to release.  Just sit in the seat of awareness and never leave.  No matter what goes on below you, open your heart and let it go...Always let go as soon as you're aware that you didn't." (TUS, p.78)

No comments:

Post a Comment