Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

liberation

In the midst of our everyday lives what if we just let go...let go of the struggle, the thoughts, the feelings, the past, and the future?  What if over and over again we watched the ego do it's thing and then we surrendered control and just let life be?

Whenever I do this something inevitably comes up to challenge me.  An area where I am blocked presents itself.  Instead of getting discouraged these situations can be looked at as opportunities to grow, to let go of that which is blocking me from freedom.  When I allow the circumstances in my life to keep me trapped in ego-mode I can let go.  I can say a prayer of thanks because I am being given another opportunity to let go of some of the illusion that keeps me stuck.

I remind myself constantly that what is happening in my life is not my source of joy, peace or love.  Whether things are apparently going well or not, I can choose to turn my attention inward to the place of being-ness which is where my essence can be found.

"Begin this journey to freedom by regularly reminding yourself to watch the psyche... Ultimately, every change in your energy flow, whether it's agitation of the mind or shifts in the heart, will be what reminds you that you are back there noticing.  Now what use to hold you down becomes what wakes you up... This path of letting go allows you to free your energies so that you can free yourself.  Right in the midst of your daily life, by untethering yourself from the bondage of your psyche, you actually have the ability to steal freedom for your soul. This freedom is so great it has been given a special name-liberation."  (TUS, pp. 96-98)

  




No comments:

Post a Comment