Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

"sensing into the neutral witness"

A couple of years ago I was in a situation where I thought I was going to be receiving a fairly substantial sum of money.  I instantly felt a sense of freedom and joy.  Although I did not end up receiving the money, this situation helped me to see first-hand how quickly and easily our energy centers can open. In this case, a situation on the outside occurred that opened me up on the inside.

The Truth is that we are already free, and, joy is our natural state.  In  order to realize this state, we need to let go of the things which keep us closed: limiting thoughts, beliefs, perceptions, feelings...

In my spiritual practice these days I am primarily focused on two things:

First, any time a limiting thought or feeling arises I embody it and surrender it.  If I surrender it with my heart and my true intention than the letting go happens.

And second, as often as I can remember to do so, I put my awareness on the witness.  Adyashanti talks about "sensing into the neutral witness."  This is the place within that is aware of what the human psyche is experiencing.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all else shall be added unto you."  To live from the state of witnessing and not attaching to the beliefs, feelings, perceptions, and outer situations as they arise is a doorway that can lead to God realization.

All of our needs are met because we are One with God.  Notice when the ego wants to deny this reality and convince you that there is not enough or that you are not enough or...

Do not fight the egoic thoughts (that is a losing battle) but do not listen to them either.  Notice and release.  Find a way to sense into the neutral witness and know that all is well now and forevermore.


No comments:

Post a Comment