Welcome to my blog about transcending the self. Instead of using the mind to fix or control your world so that you can be happy, there is another way. This blog is about moving your awareness from your limited, egoic-self to your Higher Self in order that you can be the divine expression that you were intended to be.


Many of my beliefs are based on the books "The Untethered Soul" (T.U.S.) by Michael Singer and "Falling into Grace" by Adyashanti. These books describe the path of moving your awareness from the part of you that tries to make your life work (ie, find happiness, security, love...) to the part of you that Witnesses or Watches your life unfold and your reactions to your life. As you become more aware of yourself as the Watcher, and you let go of the energies of the lower self, you will be moving towards greater freedom.

So instead of struggling to make everything go your way in life, why not accept what is (release the need to fix or control people, situations or your mind), open your heart and surrender to That Which Created Life in the first place! In other words, go with the flow of life and watch the amazing miracle that you are blossom! Please join me in choosing to move beyond the limitations of the personal self and to live a life of freedom.

To get the most out of this blog, I suggest that you read the books. I also recommend the CDs by Michael Singer (see the website below). I post on this blog about once a week. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post please send your email address to donnamccullough@cox.net.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Witnessing your way to the heart!

I have always been most strongly drawn to the path of the heart.  As I have been practicing witnessing and releasing I am finding that my heart is opening more and more. 

To begin with, I so clearly see how often I close my heart throughout the day, with the little things usually. 

Here are just a few examples: "I should have said hello to that person at Church," or "I should have said blah, blah, blah" to so and so, or I feel bad because I burned dinner, or I am frustrated because I am running late and there is traffic, or I am annoyed because my toaster just broke, or I am worried about whether or not I got my credit card bill in the mail on time, or I regret that I didn't handle a situation with one of my kids differently...

It seems that these relatively minor situations touch a Samskara (or blocked energy from the past) and that is why I resist them.

If I am not centered I tend to overlook these situations instead of taking the time to notice how they affect my energy, and then shifting my awareness to the Observer and letting go.

It has been a beautiful experience to stay centered in each moment, witness and release.  Michael says (and I am paraphrasing) that as we witness and release, life is touches us at a very deep level and helps us to grow.  This can not happen if we are avoiding or ignoring when life hits our stuff.  If we do, than everything will stay as is...which is of course what we do not want.

As I have been working with The Untethered Soul, I have also been drawn to another book (The Naked Now by Richard Rohr) and a line in that book really moved me: "what I let God see and accept in me also becomes what I can then see and accept in myself.  And even more, it becomes that whereby I see everything." (p. 141).  Of course I know that God is omniscient and sees everything about me, but still this thought of bringing it all (the insecurities, the "shoulds," the anger...) to God who already accepts me, helps me to be more honest with myself.  And once I can see what is really there I can let it go.

As a result of practicing this, I feel like my heart is being opened.  More than ever before I am feeling the desire and ability to love others.  My walls are coming down.  I am realizing that we are only here to love and that nothing else really matters. 

As I let go of the voice of the roommate/ego and know myself as the Observer I am being changed.   And so it is.  Amen.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment